• Visiting coaches tend to be parked adjacent to the away turnstiles on Bramall Lane. Crowd-control barriers are sometimes used and they can appear quite daunting, but there’s a safety reason for using them. The Lane where coaches park is one of the main arterial routes in and out of the City and the barriers can assist in keeping supporters safe.
• The pubs around the ground are for home fans only but there are plenty of pubs and bars in the city centre, only a short walk from the ground, including several Wetherspoons where away fans can drink. Away fans are advised to avoid the London Road and Ecclesall Road areas.
• The police will have officers in and around the city centre but will probably allow fans to make their own way to the ground rather than escort.
• Sheffield United have agreed with the police to open turnstiles at 6pm, 30 minutes earlier than normal, and food and drink will be available from the time of opening.
• There will be a strict search policy at this fixture including the use of ‘Pyrotechnic Detection Dogs’.
• Police have no initial issues with the sale of alcohol in the visitors end of the ground before kick-off and at half-time, but reserve the right to withdraw authorisation under any change of behaviour or circumstance.
• Crowd -control barriers will be deployed before the Final whistle, again this is for the safety of all supporters.
We’d like to wish all our fans who are travelling to the game a safe and enjoyable trip. COYS!