We've spoken with the Metropolitan Police's Dedicated Football Officers (DFO's) for Arsenal and Spurs, and with THFC's Supporter Services and Safety teams ahead of our visit to the Emirates on Sunday. To follow are some points we think visiting fans should be aware of so please take a couple of minutes to read and share with fellow match-attenders.
This is a Category C IR game.
- We've not been informed of any pub closures or changes to licencing hours for the usual King's Cross pubs (The Euston Flyer, The Rocket, The Dolphin etc.)
- The Drayton Park is the only public house in the vicinity of the Emirates that will take away fans
- The Piccadilly and Victoria lines are running a full service, although there are some planned closures on the Overground. Please check https://tfl.gov.uk/ or www.nationalrail.co.uk before travelling
- The game starts at 4.30pm
- The turnstiles will open two hours ahead of kick-off, at 2.30pm
- Fans are asked to arrive at least one hour before kick-off to allow plenty of time for access
- Security at the Emirates Stadium is at a high level so arriving early will be a great help to the venue. Stewards will be on the perimeter of the stadium (bridges and steps) to perform a cursory check of bags. Outside the turnstiles, stewards will search by way of a full pat-down body search. There will be a barrier system in place to filter supporters into the search lanes
- Arsenal encourage supporters not to bring a bag and only essential items. Maximum bag size is 16.5” x 12” x 6” (a small lap top bag). All bags are searched and tagged prior to entry
- Spurs stewards and disability access officers will be present both outside and inside the stadium should any Spurs fans need assistance
- Fans should expect a police presence in the away concourse area, and around the toilets and bars
- Alcohol will be served to away fans pre-match. Providing there is no disorder, alcohol will also be served to away fans at half time. Fingers crossed!
- Bars and refreshment kiosks open at 2.30pm
- The Emirates accepts both cash and card, but there are no cash machines inside the stadium so if you need cash, please visit an ATM before arriving at the ground
Should there be any operational changes on the day, this will be communicated via arsenal.com or @Arsenal on Twitter.
To follow is the official Visiting Supporter Guide. The banned items list can be found here and ground regulations can be read here.
That's it. You're up to speed.
29 August 2019