We’re sponsoring Spurs Ladies in their game against Sheffield United Women on 24 March 2019 as they push for promotion to the FA Women’s Super League.
Last year, THST made a commitment to sponsor this FA Women’s Championship match. We wanted to show our support for the Ladies team, to raise their profile and hopefully help increase their average gate.
The match is taking place at 12.15pm on Sunday 24 March 2019 at Cheshunt FC, Theobalds Lane, Cheshunt, Waltham Cross EN8 8RU.
However, it’s hugely important the main Club reaches the numbers needed to qualify for the certificate (25k for test event 1) so if you are eligible for that event and have been successfully allocated a ticket in the ballot, please make sure you do attend that event.
If you were unsuccessful in the test event ballot, or you weren’t eligible to apply, you would be very welcome at the Spurs Ladies game. It promises to be a terrific afternoon.
You can also, of course, attend both events with a quick dash from Cheshunt to White Hart Lane at full time!
• Tickets can be booked online in advance or you can pay on the gate. It’s cheaper to book online ahead of the game.
• Details can be found here
• It’s £5 for Adults or £3 if you’re a One Hotspur Season Ticket Holder or Member online
• It’s £3 for Juniors U18 and Seniors 65+ or if you’re a One Hotspur Season Ticket Holder or Member, it’s just £1 online
• Pay on the day is £7 Adult, £5 Juniors/ Seniors or £5 Adult member and £3 Junior/ Senior member
• Please bring your One Hotspur stadium access card to validate concessionary rates
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY
• The THST Board will be on hand to welcome you and chat all things Spurs.
• We’ll also be handing out flyers, selecting and awarding the Player of the Match.
• Club mascots Lily and Chirpy will hopefully be making an appearance to add to the family friendly mood (tbc).
• Players will be around to sign autographs and have photos taken at the end of the match.
• Two bars will be open on the day. Both bars have TV screens.
• There is also a snack bar open behind the main stand for your match day staples: chips, burgers, teas, coffees, soft drinks, chocolate etc.
From the M25 motorway exit at Junction 25 taking the A10 (Great Cambridge Road) north following signs for Hertford. At the first roundabout take the third exit following signs for Cheshunt/Waltham Cross A121 (Winston Churchill Way). At the next roundabout take the first exit following signs for Cheshunt B176 (High Street). Continue under the Railway Bridge and turn left at the next mini roundabout into Theobalds Lane. Cheshunt Stadium is 800 yards along on the right hand side. The ground has a car park with spaces for 200 vehicles.
If travelling from the north, follow the A10 south through Cheshunt. Theobalds Lane is on the left 100 yards before the Winston Churchill roundabout (just after the pedestrian bridge). The entrance to the ground is 200 yards along the lane on the left hand side.
Theobalds Grove Station is a 5 minute walk away on the corner of the High Street and Theobalds Lane and enjoys a half hourly service to Seven Sisters (Victoria Line) and Liverpool Street. Please note that Cheshunt Station is not the nearest station to the ground.
Bus routes 310, 310a (Waltham Cross to Hertford) 242 (Waltham Cross to Potters Bar) and 251 (Waltham Abbey to Cheshunt) all stop at Theobalds Grove Station.
Spurs Ladies are having an outstanding season and deserve to perform in front of bigger crowds than they’re getting at the moment. We really hope many of you will take the opportunity to come to maybe your first Spurs Ladies game, or that you’ll return to lend your support once again in what will be a crucial match in the chase for promotion to the FA Women’s Super League!
14 March 2019