Monday 25th March 2013 6pm
Darren Howlett (Joint Chairman)
Darren Alexander (Joint Chairman)
Katrina Law (Secretary)
Howard Sherman (Treasurer)
1) DA opened up the meeting by addressing the first agenda item – Defining areas of responsibility for THST Board Members.
These were agreed as follows:
– Joint Chairman: Supporter facing. Leading our relationship with Supporters Direct, FSF, THFC fan base, THST members. Overall campaigning. Board Level THFC contact.
Darren Howlett – Joint Chairman: Executive/ Corporate facing. Leading our relationship with Business, Commercial and Executive stakeholders. Board Level THFC contact.
Katrina Law – Secretary. Ticketing, Safety and Marcomms. Responsible for content, member communications, campaigning, website and database build. Leading our relationship with Ticketing and Safety teams at THFC.
Howard Sherman – Treasurer. Responsible for all budgeting and ongoing Trust accounts.
Ellie Kershaw – Strategy and Community. Leading our relationship with David Lammy MP, Haringey Council, The Tottenham Hotspur Foundation. Responsible for translating all THST visions into measurable strategies, with milestones and smart actions.
Tracey Mottram – Branding and Design. Responsible for producing brand guidelines, logo, tone of voice for all outbound communications to all stakeholders.
2) Agreeing strategy and objectives for Q2 2013:
i) Amendments to and modernisation of the current Rules of Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Society Ltd (registered under the Industrial and Provident Societies Acts 1965-1978).
A sub‐committee was created to oversee the Rule Changes comprising DA and EK at Board Level, with Daniel Wynne leading the Working Party. Additional legal expertise will be sought to assist with this task at Working Party level.
ii) Design and development of a new, transactional THST website to feed into a back end CRM database to enable membership to be reopened and afford us a platform grow our membership base rapidly. KL will lead this project with Working Party assistance from a specialist web designer. We are advertising for this (voluntary) position on the Working Party.
iii) Events to raise the profile of THST and drive up membership e.g. quiz q&a night, football ournament. DA will lead this with Working Party resource. We are advertising for interested parties to join the Events sub‐committee on the Working Party.
3) Debrief on the Supporters Direct Conference – 23 March 2013
DA and KL talked through the main points raised during the SD conference in Birmingham last weekend. Present in the PL Group were
representatives from Arsenal, Liverpool, Swansea, Man United, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea, Aston Villa, QPR
• Opened up with a presentation by Jim White of Swans Trust
• Q&A with Cathy Long of the Premier League covering:
i) Away Fans – treatment of including pricing, allocation, location within stadiums
ii) Engagement with Clubs – SLO role. Jonathan Waite at THFC singled out for praise
iii) FFP– called for more transparency around transfer fees / players' wages etc.
It was agreed to present a Joint Trust Statement to the Premier League w/c 25 March thanking them for their recognition and
backing of the away fans' issues and encouraging the incentivising of home clubs to become more engaged with away fans. Each Trust was also invited to write to the Boards of their own clubs on this matter. The Against Modern Football campaign was addressed and, subsequently, we are working with Liverpool’s Union in the form of banners, flyers etc. KL, DA and EK will also be meeting with members of the AST to discuss the mechanics of their membership model and also to consult on how best to involve fans in a stadium design, learning from issues which have arisen at the Emirates.
4) Update on ongoing projects:
• Meeting with Amanda Jacks of FSF arranged for 17th April
• Meeting with AST arranged for 1st May
• Meeting with Haringey Council tbc
• Meeting with web agencies w/c 1st April
Update from Ledley King Testimonial Committee due w/c 1st April
TM requested a brainstorm on the imagery/ look and feel for the new look Trust. Agreed this would be fed back to TM, who would present options to the Board. Date for rebranding deadline to be agreed with TM separately.
Agreed to meet EK’s transport costs to and from Board Meetings. Other transport costs on a case by case basis by DA and DH.
DA had invited AOB on message boards / social media. Points ranged from holding a Fans' Forum with AVB to the lack of hot drinks in the West Upper during the Fulham match. All points were raised and will be followed up accordingly.
It was agreed that our first event for fans will be a quiz in summer 2013.
Next board meeting provisionally scheduled for Thursday 27th June 2013.
The Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust Board Meeting concluded at 8.08pm.